a world of opportunities awaits
Eikonic welcomes international Students.
International StudentsEikonic has a reputation for being Canada's most progressive and exciting hair college
Unlock a world of opportunities and creativity at Eikonic Academy! As an international student, you'll not only receive top-notch education but also become part of a global community passionate about hairstyling.
Our welcoming environment ensures you're never alone in your journey – we offer support, advice, and a family of like-minded individuals eager to share their experiences.
Join Eikonic Academy and discover the beauty of unity in the world of hair. Whether you're pursuing your dreams or seeking a fresh start, we're here to empower you every step of the way.
Let your passion for hairstyling unite you with a diverse, global family at Eikonic Academy, where your success story begins.
Why study in Canada?
- Freedom and respect for human rights for a high quality of life
- Multiculturalism and diversity
- Affordable education
- World-class beauty education
- Canada is the 4th best country for
education in the world and ranks
3rd place globally for the best quality
of life (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
Frequently Asked Questions
Eikonic is an accredited, federally recognized DLI (Designated Learning Institution) that offers 10 month diploma programs in Ontario Canada. International students must apply for study permit to attend our academy.
Working while Studying in Canada
Students can work up to 20 hours a week while they are in school and earn valuable work experience in Canada. This opportunity lets students make connections and build relationships that could lead to full-time jobs after graduation.
Please be advised that the Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) option is not available. Typically, PGWP eligibility is limited to students who have finished their degrees or program at public universities. For more information, visit the CIC.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
To meet our admission requirements, all applicants must:
- Have successfully completed High School or an acceptable equivalent, or be at least 19 years of age.
- Submit a completed Application form to the school.
- Attend a personal interview with an Admissions Director. For applicants who live out of town or out of the country, these Admission interviews can be conducted over the phone or Zoom.
- Exhibit written and conversational English skills that meet the Eikonic program requirements (see more under “Language Requirements”).
Applicants must meet the above criteria, pay their Tuition deposits in full and sign their Official Enrollment Agreements before they are considered officially enrolled in a program.
Any Letters of Acceptance for Funding or Immigration purposes are issued once the above criteria have been met.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
All programs are conducted in English. Successful applicants must be able to communicate effectively in English. Total fluency in English may not be required, however applicants must exhibit written and spoken English skills that will allow them to understand course material, complete assignments and exams, and graduate successfully.
International Applicants may be required to complete of an internal English Assessment Test before they are accepted into their chosen program.
PROGRAM REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Choose your desired program at Eikonic Academy and complete the application form.
- Await an interview call from the Academy for an assessment interview.
- Following the interview, the Academy will review your candidacy and determine your acceptance.
- If accepted, secure your enrollment by paying the required deposit as per the provided instructions.
- Receive your official acceptance letter and welcome packet from Eikonic Academy.
- Arrange your student visa, health insurance, accommodation, and manage your financial plans.
- Eikonic Academy will confirm and communicate your program’s start date.
- Begin your educational journey at Eikonic Academy.
Obtaining a study permit is the student’s responsibility.
This section provides a basic overview of the process for applying for a study permit in Canada. Keep in mind that these are broad guidelines. For the most current information, students should directly consult with Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada, to be eligible to study in Canada, you must:
- Are enrolled at a DLI
- Prove you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees
- Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- Obey the law, have no criminal record and get a police certificate (if required)
- Are in good health and get a medical exam (if required)
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires.
APPLYING FOR YOUR STUDY PERMIT
A study permit is not required if you intend to enroll in a six-month or shorter course or program in Canada. However, the program or course must be finished within the time frame permitted for your visit in Canada.
It is a good idea to apply for a study permission before traveling to Canada, even if one is not required. After completing your short-term course or program, if you decide you want to continue your education in another program, you must apply for a study permit (if you don’t already have one) through a Canadian visa office outside of Canada.
Not sure if you will need a Student Visa? Review this Student Visa Requirement.
STUDY PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS
There are 9 steps to apply for a study permit:
- Check the application processing times.
- Obtain and print the application.
- Determine where you will submit your application.
- Collect the documents you need to apply.
- Complete your application for a study permit.
- Pay the correct processing fee.
- Check your application.
- Submit the application form.
- Supply additional information or documents.
For more information about how to apply for a study permit, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website here.
If you have any questions regarding enrolling as an international student at the Eikonic Academy, contact your admissions director a call at 905-461-3034 or give Canadian Immigration Services a call at 1.888.242.2100.
Situated in the bustling heart of Mississauga, Ontario, Eikonic Academy 7000 sf facility offers international students a unique blend of cultural vibrancy and innovative education at its open-concept campus. The flexible design of our facilities not only fosters a fun and engaging learning atmosphere but also invites the transformation of our spaces into exciting event venues for industry shows, allowing students to immerse themselves in global beauty trends. Come study at Eikonic Academy, where every day promises new opportunities to connect, collaborate, and create in one of Canada’s most dynamic cities.
Studying at Eikonic Academy in Mississauga offers international students a wealth of opportunities and benefits that extend far beyond the classroom.
Here are some features and benefits of choosing Mississauga, a vibrant suburb of Toronto, Ontario, for your studies:
Cultural Diversity: As one of Canada’s largest and fastest-growing cities, Mississauga is a melting pot of cultures, providing a rich, inclusive, and welcoming environment for students from all over the world. You’ll not only gain a global perspective on beauty trends and techniques but also enjoy a variety of international cuisines, festivals, and community events.
Proximity to Toronto: Just a stone’s throw away from Toronto, Mississauga allows you to experience the excitement of big city life while enjoying the comfort and community feel of a suburb. This proximity means you have access to Toronto’s vast array of fashion and cultural events, networking opportunities, and potential career launches in cosmetology and creative industries.
Innovative Learning Environment: Eikonic Academy takes pride in its state-of-the-art facilities, which boast an open-concept design ideal for fostering collaboration and innovation. The academy’s flexible spaces are perfectly suited for transitioning from a dynamic classroom setting to hosting vibrant industry shows and events, giving you a practical, hands-on education that mirrors real-world scenarios.
Career Opportunities: Mississauga’s robust population growth fuels a dynamic job market, especially in the personal care sector. Eikonic Academy students tap into a thriving network of salons and barbershops seeking fresh talent, with opportunities for real-world training and potential employment. The city’s economic landscape, enriched with diverse beauty service businesses, opens doors for graduates to start their careers in a community where demand for beauty services continues to rise.
Natural Beauty and Recreation: When you’re not studying, Mississauga’s beautiful parks, waterfront, and trails provide a refreshing escape to nature. The city’s recreational facilities, shopping centers, and entertainment complexes ensure there’s always something new to discover.
Quality of Life: Known for its safety, excellent public transit system, and high quality of life, Mississauga is an ideal place to live and study. International students will find it easy to travel, find comfortable housing, and enjoy the city’s many conveniences and amenities.
Supportive Academic Environment: At Eikonic Academy, the focus is on personalized education with a global edge. With small class sizes and a supportive network of peers and faculty, you’re guaranteed to receive the attention and guidance needed to succeed.
Choosing to study at Eikonic Academy in Mississauga means immersing yourself in a community that values education, creativity, and global connection, setting the stage for a fulfilling and successful career in the beauty industry.
For students in search of housing in Canada, here are detailed resources with a variety of rental options:
- Kijiji: Connects you to local housing listings, from apartments and houses to rooms for rent throughout Canada.
- Rentals.ca: Dedicated to Canadian apartment, house, and room rentals, with a particular focus on Ontario.
- Padmapper: Offers an interactive map to find rentals based on your location, price range, and other criteria, with options globally.
- Zumper: Provides a seamless search for rentals based on location, budget, and personal preferences, with extensive listings inside and outside of Canada.
- Mississauga Rentals: Specializes in rental listings within Mississauga, perfect for those looking to make this city their new home.
- Realtor.ca: The official site by the Canadian Real Estate Association, offering detailed property listings for sale and rent nationwide.
- HouseSigma.com: Helps locate housing options tailored to individual needs in the Canadian market, featuring a variety of listings across the country.
In addition to the websites listed above, we also recommend joining Facebook Groups dedicated to housing in Canada, which often feature a wide array of options and up-to-date listings. Try searching for groups with terms like “Rentals in Mississauga” to find localized housing information and connect with potential landlords or roommates.
Before starting their studies, students should ensure they have medical coverage; Eikonic Academy assists with this by collaborating with an insurance broker to help students secure the necessary insurance.
CLINICS & HOSPITALS
Mississauga offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare services through its extensive network of hospitals, community-based residences, home health support, mental health programs, and public health initiatives. For those with travel-related health needs, the area is served by clinics specializing in pre-travel consultations and vaccinations.
The closest major medical facility to Eikonic Academy is the Trillium Health Partners – Mississauga Hospital, located conveniently for student access. For less critical care, the city provides urgent care services at various centers equipped to handle non-emergency health issues.
Additionally, Mississauga is home to numerous walk-in clinics where you can see a doctor for a nominal fee without an appointment. These are ideal for non-urgent medical advice or treatment without the need to visit a hospital.
- Mississauga Urgent Care Clinic – This clinic offers comprehensive urgent medical care for non-life-threatening conditions.
- Credit Valley Hospital Urgent Care Centre – A vital part of the Trillium Health Partners, the centre provides a range of urgent healthcare services.
- Multi-Specialty Walk-In Clinic – A versatile clinic offering a variety of medical services on a walk-in basis.
- MediPlace Walk-In Clinic – Offers medical services to walk-in patients, addressing acute and routine health care needs.
- Streetsville Medical Centre – Provides walk-in clinic services along with family health care in the Streetsville area.
These numbers and resources provide essential support for students and staff at Eikonic Academy in case of emergencies or the need for healthcare advice and assistance.
- Emergency Services (Ambulance, Fire, Police): Dial 911 for any emergency services requiring immediate police, fire department, or medical assistance.
- Peel Regional Police Non-Emergency Line: For non-emergencies, contact Peel Regional Police at 905-453-3311.
- Mississauga Crisis Intervention Team: Offers a 24-hour emergency response for crises, which can be reached at 905-278-9036.
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: A 24-hour telephone and TTY crisis line for women in the province of Ontario can be reached toll-free at 1-866-863-0511 or in the Greater Toronto area at 416-863-0511.
- Peel Committee Against Woman Abuse (PCAWA): Provides support and coordinates services for abused women, available at 905-848-9180.
For more specialized support:
- Distress Centre Peel: Offers 24-hour support for personal crisis and emotional distress at 905-278-7208.
- Telehealth Ontario: For confidential health advice from a registered nurse, call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS & IMPORTANT DATES
Eikonic Academy observes closures on the following Ontario statutory holidays: New Year’s Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. Additionally, there is a scheduled two-week closure during the Christmas period annually. For the specific dates of the Christmas break and any changes to holiday dates, please contact the registrar’s office for up-to-date information.
WORKING IN CANADA
International students at Eikonic Academy who are registered in full-time diploma programs may work up to 20 hours per week off-campus during their studies. To qualify, students must have a valid Study Permit and obtain a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada.
For more information, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s Work Off Campus page.
International Admissions Team
Shannen Ellis, Admissions Councelor firstname.lastname@example.org
Location & Hours